Ribh's D'Coopage

I have one hen, an Orpington, who is a serial broody. She is broody now and it will be three weeks on Friday. I see no signs that she is planning on stopping.
Do you find that your hens eventually stop on their own? I wonder at what point I should intervene, if ever.
My Orpington is also a serial broody. She just hit day 28 so i am more actively trying to get her up. Usually she will start coming out in her own for longer and longer, but this first sitting of the year she is being extra stubborn. I am hoping to get her chicks this summer, so i want her in her best health.

My Orpington is also a serial broody. She just hit day 28 so i am more actively trying to get her up. Usually she will start coming out in her own for longer and longer, but this first sitting of the year she is being extra stubborn. I am hoping to get her chicks this summer, so i want her in her best health.
Sounds like a good plan.

I would love to let Penny hatch or adopt chicks someday, but since the hens live out their life cycle with us, I do have to be careful of numbers.

Good luck with your broody! :love

wow. She seems to get bigger every time I see her!
Check this out. I was saving for Caturday
20220517_193327.jpg
but here she is with 3 year old Eve as a reference.

Back
Top Bottom