Ribh's D'Coopage

If it is as light as it appears in the video I'm not surprised the girls are outside, I don't even try to do a beak check in the coop until a fair bit after 8 PM since we are in our period of longest sun.
It was actually much later than it appears in the video & actually much darker ~ hence why the majority of the girls were roosting if not roosting where they should. It was fully dark when I shut the door.

One handed...:lau The bantams are really easy to handle so it's relatively easy.

I can recommend Japs & D'Uccles. They have very sweet temperments, are light to carry & easy to handle. I have surprised myself by how much I have enjoyed these girls.
I remember how excited you were when you got them. I'm so happy they turned out so well for you. 🥰

Last edited:
My head count was minus one tonight.
I double checked the coop then scoured the yard.
Then I called. Not that I think Chavi knows her name but she knows I look for her each evening. On my 3rd circuit I noticed movement in the mondo grass, then a little black head popped up as if to say: You looking for me?
20220628_170642.jpg

This is what she was sitting on. :he:he:he

It's winter girl! You're not supposed to do this now! :barnie
20220628_170803.jpg

My head count was minus one tonight.
I double checked the coop then scoured the yard.
Then I called. Not that I think Chavi knows her name but she knows I look for her each evening. On my 3rd circuit I noticed movement in the mondo grass, then a little black head popped up as if to say: You looking for me?
View attachment 3166263
This is what she was sitting on. :he:he:he

It's winter girl! You're not supposed to do this now! :barnie
View attachment 3166264
Cheeky as!!

@RC If you are interested I had my first Archaeology of death & Human Osteology today. The textbook is rather dry but the first lecturer was terrific & looked @ it as I've always seen it ~ an insight into the living. And she touched on just about everything that has fascinated me about This aspect of archaeology: gravegoods, different types of burial rites, how women & children were buried differently, how religious belief informs burial rites & why rites sometimes change over time. Most importantly she asked the question that has always fascinated me: Why did they do that? I am really looking forward to the first tutorial tomorrow. 😀 What she'll have to say about some of the Neolithic burial sites should be fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom