Ribh's D'Coopage

WEDNESDAY WHEREVER:🥰
We are down to 9.
Freya, my last Vorwerk, succumbed to the wobblies. Everyone else seems fine but for the first time I have more bantams than standards. Ha'penny is now my lead hen with Beatha as 2nd, though Portia would like to be 2nd & is not beyond throwing her weight around. They spend most of their time now hanging under the fruit trees.

The 1st night Ha'penny made an 8' jump to roost on the passionfruit trellis. Being bright orange she was easy to spot & hoy down but I hadn't realised Wrold had followed her & that hen is a camouflage master. Hunkered down amongst the leaves in the twilight she was impossible to spot. If she was a little more silent I'd never find her! :lol:

The chickens have adjusted well. They are super happy with their new surroundings. I can't say the same for the cats. It will take them a while. As for the dogs...I know why I've never owned one! 🙄 I can't move without them both shadowing my every step.
20230321_140537.jpg

We are down to 9.
Freya, my last Vorwerk, succumbed to the wobblies. Everyone else seems fine but for the first time I have more bantams than standards. Ha'penny is now my lead hen with Beatha as 2nd, though Portia would like to be 2nd & is not beyond throwing her weight around. They spend most of their time now hanging under the fruit trees.

The 1st night Ha'penny made an 8' jump to roost on the passionfruit trellis. Being bright orange she was easy to spot & hoy down but I hadn't realised Wrold had followed her & that hen is a camouflage master. Hunkered down amongst the leaves in the twilight she was impossible to spot. If she was a little more silent I'd never find her! :lol:

The chickens have adjusted well. They are super happy with their new surroundings. I can't say the same for the cats. It will take them a while. As for the dogs...I know why I've never owned one! 🙄 I can't move without them both shadowing my every step.
View attachment 3439377
Looks wonderful. 🥰

We are down to 9.

View attachment 3439377
I'm sorry to hear about Freya. That's very sad. :hugs :hugs

We are down to 9.

View attachment 3439377
I am sad to hear of Freya’s passing. She was so pretty. All of the Vorwerks were, I liked them as you know.
I am glad you and your flock are settling into your new digs nicely.
Post some pics of your new place when you get around to it. 🤗

We are down to 9.

View attachment 3439377
So sorry to hear about Freya - I know the Vorwerks were a bit of a challenge but they were very pretty.
I must say the new place looks like a great chicken garden so I hope you get time to enjoy it without the dogs being bothersome. Like you, I have never kept dogs - they always seem so needy compared to cats (says the lady who just came back from the vet with two cats and a wallet now as light as air!).
Both cats were extraordinarily badly behaved at the vet and I thought there would be serious human casualties. Geez, even a small house cat when very riled up is quite scary!
Hope your two settle in and get to enjoy it too.
j

Back
Top Bottom