Ribh's D'Coopage

THE PROBLEM CHICKEN.
This is Tootsie.
She is a problem chicken.

Granted I have inadvertently contributed to the problem but a problem it is.
Tootsie is a D'Uccle, specifically a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. Duccles are notorious for being people chickens. People rave about Silkies but for my money a D'Uccle will beat them hands down every time for being docile, handleable, friendly & affectionate. Olivia was a D'Uccle & is the main reason I wanted another. For such little chickens they come with loads of a funny, quirky personality, are always delighted to see you & not shy about letting you know that.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Tootsie has spent a lot of time in the house, a lot of time alone & a lot of time with me. If it were my house I would simply give her the run of it, but it's not so I began by bringing Chavi in @ night so she had chicken company. Lucky Chavi. Probably the only reason she is still alive. Now all the birds are sharing her cage @ night. No squabbling. No fighting. They all know who Tootsie is. The only trouble comes from China, who is a girl with ambitions & has systematically been taking on every chicken in the tribe, only to be soundly trounced every time. Even little Chavi can beat her up.

And because every one is together I have been letting everyone out together in the morning. I figured it was the only integration going @ present. It always starts well. Everyone hangs on the lawn & Chavi hangs with Tootsie. Together they potter about the patio, have brekkie & a drink but eventually the tribe moves into the orchard & under the shelter of the trees. Chavi goes with them. Tootsie does not. Chavi periodically checks in with Tootsie but Tootsie is not budging from the patio. She sits on the doormat & stares forlornly through the glass door.
When she spots me she is immediately on her feet & starts pacing, squawking in her loud, ugly little voice to be let in & allowed to ride my shoulder while I do whatever.
Yesterday I gave in. She rode on my shoulder down to the mailbox, much to my neighbours amusement, & when they came over to chat she introduced herself then promptly fell asleep in my arms.

She is utterly adorable & a complete joy but she does need to go chicken with everyone else. She is still outside this morning camped on the doormat but I'm not sure how long I can harden my heart before I give in, bring her inside & give her cuddles. 🫤
View attachment 3737927
She is adorable. Stick a nappy on her and let her be a full-time house-chicken. :love

THE PROBLEM CHICKEN.
This is Tootsie.

Tootsie is a D'Uccle, specifically a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. Duccles are notorious for being people chickens. People rave about Silkies but for my money a D'Uccle will beat them hands down every time for being docile, handleable, friendly & affectionate. Olivia was a D'Uccle & is the main reason I wanted another. For such little chickens they come with loads of a funny, quirky personality, are always delighted to see you & not shy about letting you know that.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Tootsie has spent a lot of time in the house, a lot of time alone & a lot of time with me. If it were my house I would simply give her the run of it, but it's not so I began by bringing Chavi in @ night so she had chicken company. Lucky Chavi. Probably the only reason she is still alive. Now all the birds are sharing her cage @ night. No squabbling. No fighting. They all know who Tootsie is. The only trouble comes from China, who is a girl with ambitions & has systematically been taking on every chicken in the tribe, only to be soundly trounced every time. Even little Chavi can beat her up.

And because every one is together I have been letting everyone out together in the morning. I figured it was the only integration going @ present. It always starts well. Everyone hangs on the lawn & Chavi hangs with Tootsie. Together they potter about the patio, have brekkie & a drink but eventually the tribe moves into the orchard & under the shelter of the trees. Chavi goes with them. Tootsie does not. Chavi periodically checks in with Tootsie but Tootsie is not budging from the patio. She sits on the doormat & stares forlornly through the glass door.
When she spots me she is immediately on her feet & starts pacing, squawking in her loud, ugly little voice to be let in & allowed to ride my shoulder while I do whatever.
Yesterday I gave in. She rode on my shoulder down to the mailbox, much to my neighbours amusement, & when they came over to chat she introduced herself then promptly fell asleep in my arms.

She is utterly adorable & a complete joy but she does need to go chicken with everyone else. She is still outside this morning camped on the doormat but I'm not sure how long I can harden my heart before I give in, bring her inside & give her cuddles. 🫤
View attachment 3737927
Nice problem to have.

She is adorable. Stick a nappy on her and let her be a full-time house-chicken. :love
She is adorable but I was going to suggest the opposite and have @Ribh get a lawn chair and sit in the orchard so she can chicken around with the others and still be close to her beloved Ribh.

THE PROBLEM CHICKEN.
This is Tootsie.

View attachment 3737927
What a terrible problem you have there. I don't know if I could resist her. What a cutie pie. 💓

Even big cats like to play. Watch as Éowyn rolls down the hill playing with her catnip banana.

I was working out front of the house and just like a dog she will hang around where I'm working. I found the banana in Mrs BY Bob's car. We had used it to transport a cat. I tossed it to Éowyn and fun ensued.

Happy Caturday from Virginia where apparently the sun does exist unlike here
IMG_6285.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom