Riboflavin Dose baby chick

WildandFree

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2020
Hello. Two weeks ago we got 22 baby chicks. All were seemingly healthy with no apparent issues. A few days ago one chick, visibly smaller, was unable to stand, walk, and upon investigation had curled toes. I removed her from the brooder as she was getting trampled and pecked at. Splinted her toes with band aids and wide popsicle sticks. She us not able to get around, but she is very alert otherwise. I hold her so she can get food and water - her eating is well and pooping normal. I checked for slipped tendons and don't think she has them. After research I believe its a riboflavin deficiency and ordered a liquid B2 vitamin. Itv arrives today. Any insight on dosage? TIA!

B-vitamins are all water soluble so you aren't risking overdose by not getting it precise. Give a drop or two a couple times a day and the chick will excrete what it's body doesn't use.

Thank you! I did just that and already the chick has shown some improvement. She can move out from under the heat light when hot, which us a huge improvement. I take her to get food and water a few times a day still and have to hold her up to do so. She's quite malnourished though, she doesn't have a huge desire to eat. So I'm working on that now. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom