Ringworm

Thank you for the replies. I did get the lotrimin for it so hopefully that helps. I know for sure it isn't a tick because where I have this i would have noticed the tick.

Iodine or Providine (anything from the solution, scrub or 7%) will clear up most ringworm outbreaks on humans or animals. Also have had good luck with chlorox & water on horses.....

There seems to be some strains that are more agressive than others. My vet called it a evil strain. Watch out for the free pure breed kittens at the grocery store. My son in law wanted one so I got one for him. A hour later we noticed it had a bald spot in its long fur. We bathed the kitten in anti fungal shampoo and the vet gave him some pills and ointment. All of us got ringworm. Even those that did not touch the cat. Most of our dogs also had to be treated. My dogs never seen the cat so I must have given it to them. We bought anti fungal spay by the case. Finaly we got a precrection. We passed it back and forth and even my daughter friends got it that lived 2 hours away. 6 months later we still would see spots now and then but it was weakening.

Lotramin ultra works! Apply it once or twice a day, I had ring-worm on my leg when I got married, shortly thereafter my husband got "Fred" the ring-worm too...
lol.png

There are a bunch of different kinds of ringworms (aka dermatophtye- fungus that lives in skin or hair). Some will 'self-cure' meaning you can do STUFF or do nothing, and it goes away in a few weeks as your own immune system cleans it up. Immunocompromised people (or animals) will have more issues, or people (or animals) with more aggressive types of ringworm. You can treat with a variety of ointments over the counter, or see the dr for an oral prescription, or a ointment with a stronger concentration of the drug than the OTC stuff. Cleaning is good, to decrease shedding of spores into the environment....

Quote:
Umm... Yeah, it can. Ask me how I know, and I tried everything on the market. Course, that was 15 years ago... But yeah, the stuff I had lasted for several months. Sorry that's not much help lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom