RIP chicken thread

Pics
Wellie, my Lopsided Wellie. Killed by one of my Project Orpingtons. My Sister found him on his back in the corner of the coop.
View attachment 2806886View attachment 2806887The two were fight the day we left, but got split up by the Alpha, so we didn't think it would escalate.
Often chicken fights can get much worse than they seem. It happens all the time and its so sad. I'm sorry.

Often chicken fights can get much worse than they seem. It happens all the time and its so sad. I'm sorry.
Yep, I understand that. Had to treat a Silkie of mine who was almost killed by another silkie rooster several years ago.

Yep, I understand that. Had to treat a Silkie of mine who was almost killed by another silkie rooster several years ago.
I am not good at treating ill or injured birds. Then again I don't often get those because there isn't too much wildlife around and I eliminate roosters from the coop as soon as they start showing aggression, or start crowing.

So if you had to get rid of Shadow or Demon you would keep shadow? Or does demon have better genes?
Well, I didn't really get to compare traits of the two. Overall Shadow was more full with feathers, then Demon.

Demon has Gypsy Face, which a trait I like, & is required for the Sumatra breed. His tail set is abit high, rather then low set.

Shadow had longer tail feathers originally, but was regrowing them slowly after a hen decided he looked better without a tail.

Between the two I would keep both.

I am not good at treating ill or injured birds. Then again I don't often get those because there isn't too much wildlife around and I eliminate roosters from the coop as soon as they start showing aggression, or start crowing.
So far injuries is the only thing I have happen mostly. Not very often, but still need to be prepared.

Just lost my Eloise yesterday 😰 . She had ascites and laying issues before that (possibly peritonitis). My mum and I attempted draining off some fluid yesterday, but I think the stress of trying to hold her still might have been too much. She went into respiratory failure - it sounded like she got fluid in her lungs - and died less than five minutes later 😭. I should have tried draining her a week or more ago, but she always seemed in good spirits and I didn’t want to make anything worse. At least she ended up going pretty quick and I was with her 😔.

9EB1424D-4B7E-47F2-9084-7A42F3A1EC24.jpeg 80BFB26A-E70C-40BB-A69E-43B808998113.jpeg 8A6A6C38-49F5-4ADF-8A8A-667A0D6D1A5A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom