RIP chicken thread

Crooksie went missing yesterday😢 The gate (electronic) stopped in mid way and I was in a hurry so I left. I came home a few hours later to find the dog and Crooksie missing. The dog came back. After hours of searching I finally found some feathers so I searched more fields but it was no use. Crooksie is gone💔 It looks like a cat attacked her. She was such a funny little chicken. Although she was the size of a 7 week old she always attacked my largest roo. They were the best if friends with Spotie (my dog). R.I.P Crooksie♥️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014_215855.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014_215855.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211014_220613.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014_220613.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 2
Crooksie went missing yesterday😢 The gate (electronic) stopped in mid way and I was in a hurry so I left. I came home a few hours later to find the dog and Crooksie missing. The dog came back. After hours of searching I finally found some feathers so I searched more fields but it was no use. Crooksie is gone💔 It looks like a cat attacked her. She was such a funny little chicken. Although she was the size of a 7 week old she always attacked my largest roo. They were the best if friends with Spotie (my dog). R.I.P Crooksie♥️
I’m so so sorry. It breaks my heart reading this. I hope you feel better soon.:hugs

These 2 girls died too💔I've had so many deaths lately I am starting to think I'm a very bad chicken keeper. I lost Georgie 2weeks ago, then I lost 6 if my laying hens and a Silkie to a fox 1week ago and now I lost Crooksie💔🤷‍♀️
You are not! These things happen. It’s important that we learn from our mistakes. You loved them and they all loved you. It can be difficult to gain full love and trust from a chicken, but they know. They know who to love and trust. Yours chose you. Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault.

Back
Top Bottom