RIP OGEB Roo :(

GemmaGA

Songster
Jun 11, 2020
NE Georgia (near Athens)
So I have posted in the past about one of my chickens, an OGEB roo originally named ducky but generally just called him curse words because he liked to flog me all the time. He was the top roo out of my two boys for a while, but recently my Bantam Cochin roo has been the top fella in my flock.

But, that's not the reason for the post...sadly. I let my chickens free range in my yard (about a half acre+ in back of my house) and they generally stay right up by the house, hanging out under the deck or around their coop. On Sunday, it appears that my little rotten roo got picked off by a hawk :hit

He was a little butthead, but I can't imagine his departure was the least bit pleasant. RIP little roo :(

So sorry for you’re loss, it is hard losing chickens and it will never be easy. He is in a better place and you gave him a good life that he would’ve very much enjoyed. He is probably running around a worm and corn filled heaven :(

So sorry for you’re loss, it is hard losing chickens and it will never be easy. He is in a better place and you gave him a good life that he would’ve very much enjoyed. He is probably running around a worm and corn filled heaven :(
Thank you

I am just glad that whatever fate he suffered, I didn't have to find him (we didn't find any carnage etc. he was tiny and probably was carried off mostly in tact, at least that is what we assume). He was not my favorite bird because he pretty much hated me, but still sad about it, because my chickens are like pets - even the mean one. :)

Back
Top Bottom