RIP to my Entire Flock.

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
I'll write more on it later since I'm not in the mood right now for obvious reasons. Two days ago I noticed a gap in the hardwire cloth of my run and I didn't get a chance to fix it. Well, I did have the chance, all I had to do is go to the next door neighbors' and get the wood stapler...But I procrastinated like an idiot and now my whole flock is dead and I have no chickens. Couldn't have been anything but a possum or raccoon. I'm pretty devastated right now but there is a new beginning on the way. I got up to feed them today and two were dead in the run and one in the coop (my flock was pretty tiny).

Anyways, you guys have a great day...
hit.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. That's one reason I don't like raccoons. Even though it's awful right now, try to remember that there will be better days.
hugs.gif

Oh no!!! I am sooo sorry..
hit.gif

Start putting out traps as soon as possible, reinforce your coop, and get some new chickens. I hate raccoons and possums, and I haven't even had them kill my chickens yet, but they are everywhere around here, and I am just waiting.

I am so sorry for your loss.; just please don't give up on chickens.
hugs.gif

Don't beat yourself up. Your story is a timely reminder to repair our coops as soon as possible. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom