RIR ????? Guess the chick

cravenchicken

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Got this at the local flea market the guy said RIR It looks like a duck to me ??? Guinea maybe ??
16800_mamie_chicken_coop_017.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't look like my RIR's. Here is a pic from about the same age.
10145_chase_the_chicken_with_the_worm.jpg

Sorry about the quality. It was from our brooder (cat crate) and the babies are playing chase the chicken with the mealworm!

I don't think I've ever seen stripes on a RIR. Here are the ones that I hatched this season from my partner.

100_5253.jpg

Jody

Quote:
Darn Speckledhen You are GOOD..Looked up Welsummer and sure enuff found a picture of my little chick
16800_welsummerchiks.jpeg

I don't have any guesses, but i did notice that your baby has yellow legs and the babies in that pic have pinkish leggies...
idunno.gif

I am not a good breed guesser!! lol.... But that is a little cutie pie you have there!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Darn Speckledhen You are GOOD..Looked up Welsummer and sure enuff found a picture of my little chick
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/16800_welsummerchiks.jpeg

looks like that to me too! I only thought rir cause I got some from farm and fleet that I thought looked like that, they had the stripes and were suppose to be rir too!! I think I was confused and maybe they were ee chicks??? It was a while ago.
Maybe I have been looking at chicks too much lately!! I wanted to hatch more but DH said NO!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom