RIR or Welsummer pullets

OasiVerde

Songster
Aug 29, 2018
Texas Hill Country
OK, another one :)
I have three of these pullets. They were sold to me as RIR. They are about 12-13 weeks old.
When I google RIR pullets, they should be more red. They look more like Welsummer to me, but what do you all think?
BTW Pictures are taken over the past months. The last one is how they are right now.

Attachments

• 7. Appeltje.JPG
    7. Appeltje.JPG
    471.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 8. Streepoogje.JPG
    8. Streepoogje.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4599.JPG
    IMG_4599.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4600.JPG
    IMG_4600.JPG
    649.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    790.8 KB · Views: 14
What’s the earlobe color? Red or white? They’re definitely not RIR but they may be brown leghorns or welsummers. Welsummers have red earlobes and leghorns have white. They look like they have white earlobes to me.
Thank you! I have never heared of Brown Leghorn, I had to google that, LOL. I am learning every day!!
Yes, their earlobes are white. I actually noticed that yesterday, because all my others chickens and the rooster have red earlobes, so I was wondering if something was wrong with these three chickens. Other than that, they look identical to the Welsummer. They are beautiful, they can stay! And they are very friendly too :)

Thanks everyone. Love this forum!
I have never heared of Brown Leghorn, I had to google that, LOL. I am learning every day!!
Yes, their earlobes are white. I actually noticed that yesterday, because all my others chickens and the rooster have red earlobes, so I was wondering if something was wrong with these three chickens. Other than that, they look identical to the Welsummer. They are beautiful, they can stay! And they are very friendly too :)

They should be excellent layers. But Leghorns are a flighty breed so don't be discouraged if they get wound up from time to time.
Do you mean they fly a lot? It is funny because when I open the coop in the morning, all my chickens just walk into the run, but these 3 run and fly. I just thought they do that because they are young.

Back
Top Bottom