RIR singing the egg song, do yours?

I have 10 BR hens, a BR Roo & a BO Roo that love to sing the egg song! I am fairly new to all this chicken biz and was really shocked to hear the Roos singing even louder than the hens. It is awesome, my whole back acre sounds like a major choir practice and they can carry on for quite a while. I love it!!!!! But due to the heat, it has slowed down a bit.

Mine started laying around 19 weeks. She is a great layer and a very funny member of our flock. I, too, am amazed at the phonetic spelling of the egg song. That's exactly how it goes. bok bok bok BAGAWWWWWWK. The loudest part being where the AWWWWK is. Those chickens.
lol.png

Last edited:
lol yes Iknow this song all too well. Although I don't have any RIRs, a couple of my girls will sing after they lay their egg. My black cornish will actually run with her wings flapping from the coop screaming to let you know she's done!

My black cornish will actually run with her wings flapping from the coop screaming to let you know she's done!

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
Now that is too funny! I have a couple that will walk casually outside as if nothing is going on. They tell no one about their eggs.​

Quote:
What I find hysterically funny is that you have EXACTLY written in English letters the combination of sounds for the first stanza of The Egg Song. I mean, it's dead ON!

Who me?
roll.png

Maybe I should change my name to the Chicken Whisperer?

Quote:
What I find hysterically funny is that you have EXACTLY written in English letters the combination of sounds for the first stanza of The Egg Song. I mean, it's dead ON!

I was going to say the same thing! She wrote exactly how it is!

The English translation of The Egg Song is:

Hey-eve-ry-bo-dy-guess-what-I-laid-an EGG!

Start with a quiet monotone and shriek EGG. My children love demonstrating this for anyone that will listen. It's especially amusing when they do it in chorus.

I can't wait to hear my BAs egg song. At 12 weeks they sound more like ducks than chickens....big black brats honking their heads off. I should have named one Raechel Ray and the other Jillian Michaels.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom