Robber

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Robber, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Robber

Robber Just Hatched

Hi,

Based in Northern Ireland near the big Lough. 2x New Hampshire Red Bantams + 1 NHR Rooster (Brewster) + 3x Light Sussex Bantams.

Robert

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm just over the water from you England. That's a nice mix of birds you have there. Have you been keeping them for long?

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    Thats a great mix - your Brewster (is he also a bantam?) over those light Sussex will give you some lovely red sex link chiks .[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Robert [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Robber

Robber Just Hatched

Thanks for the welcome, we went right around the world pretty quickly there.

Brewster is indeed a Bantam. We have young kids and the Bantams are a bit less intimidating to handle. They're all very well behaved. They have a good sized run, but our coop is quite small and better suited for Bantams.

Don't you know if we'll ever do chicks. One LSB will clock regularly but we haven't let her sit on the eggs yet.

We have had the flock for less than a year. We got them for the fun of it, the eggs are a bonus, as they have become good layers. It's good for the children to do some looking after too.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    2 people like this.
  6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself! :frow

~Cuz

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Robert. It's always great when kids get involved. Banties fit in everywhere. My friend has 2 serama hens and a silkie hen as house chickens. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

8. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You may enjoy the Chicken Breed Focus thread that's going on right now...it's on Sussex: post #1

It's nice to have you here, make yourself at home!

1 person likes this.
  9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and a belated [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by