Rocky64's chat thread: anything is welcome

Right now I have 3, a white pair and a partridge hen. I had a bunch more over the years but I stopped raising them for a few years. I started raising them again 2 years ago, but could only get ahold of a partridge hen(same one I have now) until last year when I got the white pair, a black pullet, and a blue pullet. The pullets got killed by foxes, but were VERY nice looking.
The white pair

The partridge

And the pullets

Nice pictures! Those silkys are cool. :)

Nice pictures! Those silkys are cool. :)
Thanks, Whitey (white rooster) has a great personality and makes me laugh at the things that he does, can't wait to get some of his chicks! I wish his mate would hurry up and lay eggs, this waiting is killing me!!!

Thanks, Whitey (white rooster) has a great personality and makes me laugh at the things that he does, can't wait to get some of his chicks! I wish his mate would hurry up and lay eggs, this waiting is killing me!!!

Cool! When I had a rooster he had 3 chicks with one of my Bufforpingtons and one of my americanas and cuckoomarans.And that Bufforpington took Care of a chick that was hers and 2'other chickens chicks. One of the ways some of my chickens tell me when their hungry is peck me and then make funny noises. It's so funny when they do that! :lol:

Last edited:
The partridge hen that I have is great, I got 4 chicks from TSC last year but only one made it to winter time and it was afraid that the last one would freeze so I introduced silks(partridge hen) to the chick, which was fully feathered and 2 months old at the time, and silks adopted her right away. Silks defends that chick from the other chickens(when they are with the others, the two have a cage to themselves and only occasionally go outside with the others) and even makes the noise roosters and momma hens make when they find a piece of food and she gives it to the chick. She's had a respritory infection, probably from the chick(most likely cause that killed the other chicks) and so I will not be breeding her with Whitey for fear that Whitey will get an infection from her.

Last edited:
Sorry about your chicks. Does the your chicken still have a respatory infection? I know ways to help respatory problems.
That's cool that your chicken silks protects the chick.
Have you ever seen the movie ( the natural history of the chicken) it has a silky hen story around the end of the movie where the hen protects her baby's and almost gets killed by a halk. It's a really good movie I think you would like it.

Sorry about your chicks. Does the your chicken still have a respatory infection? I know ways to help respatory problems.
That's cool that your chicken silks protects the chick.
Have you ever seen the movie ( the natural history of the chicken) it has a silky hen story around the end of the movie where the hen protects her baby's and almost gets killed by a halk. It's a really good movie I think you would like it.
I think her infection is gone because she doesn't show any more signs of having one, but once they've had an infection, the chickens are carriers and can get other chickens sick, which is why I'm keeping Whitey away from her. I did see the natural history if chickens a few times. It's good but I wish it actually talked about the HISTORY of chickens. I was amazed that the hen that was frozen was still alive.

Thanks
thanks
Fairs and smaller other shows.
You show?
Back in the day when I had more silkies I applied to show but couldn't because my hen had scale mite. I got that hen from a breeder who shows her silkies in big shows and has champion birds, if the hen didn't have scale mites, I would've had an easy win. I plan to get back into showing but I need to do some breeding first.

Back
Top Bottom