Rogue duck has decided to live with my flock.

rowlow

Songster
8 Years
Jun 25, 2012
Sonoma County California
This rouge duck has decided to hang with my Chickens and even though I chased him all the way to the edge of my property he waddled his way back and is sleeping in my hen house. Any suggestions? I am afraid he will eat my food and harass my hens. I am tempted to put him down since he wont leave.

hu.gif
The do make a mess in the water but ducks are sweet and it sounds like yours was someones pet.

Mabe post an addy around and see if someone lost it before you off it.

This rouge duck has decided to hang with my Chickens and even though I chased him all the way to the edge of my property he waddled his way back and is sleeping in my hen house. Any suggestions? I am afraid he will eat my food and harass my hens. I am tempted to put him down since he wont leave.
With its behavior, it was most certainly someone's pet. I would post an ad, though he may have been dumped. You can contact your local animal shelter and see if they will take it, some do, some don't. Post an ad giving it away for free. If you are going to kill it, eat it. Duck is good.

If this is indeed a male duck, most breeds will have a feather curl on the base of the tail, I would advise getting rid of him. Drakes will try to breed chickens which is dangerous or deadly to the hen. They are not anatomically compatible.

Back
Top Bottom