1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rogue organic vs Cascade

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Carpe DiHen, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Carpe DiHen

Carpe DiHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    El Dorado County, CA
    I'm thinking of trying Rouge organic instead of my usual Cascade. Anyone have experience to compare the two?

2. JAHA

JAHA New Egg

Mar 6, 2011
    Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

3. sovia

sovia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Black Hills of SD
    Did either of you try the Rogue feed? I like the idea of it being in pellet form vs mash.

4. Carpe DiHen

Carpe DiHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    El Dorado County, CA
    No, I did not try it. I had to give up on the Cascade. I got two bags in rwo that were really dusty and the hens would not eat the dust. I have switched to whatever organic crumbles I can find local.

5. sovia

sovia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Black Hills of SD
    Yeah, my concern about the Cascade is that I can only get mash. The idea of having to mix it with water each day is a pain.

6. vjbakke

vjbakke Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    We have been feeding the soy free rouge pellets for months now, before that we were feeding a organic layer mash. We were having a lot of waste with the mash. The girls were not fond of the pellets at first. We had to stop all treats in order for them to eat it. Now they are fine with it. Very little waste with the pellets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by