Roller pigeons!!

As a five year old child I was taken to see a flock of performing Birmingham rollers. They say that I cried when we left. I have had a life long love affair with the breed. There is nothing more thrilling than a 20 bird kit going into a waterfall roll all at the same time. Cooper's hawks put me out of business, but I still miss my birds on a daily basis. Parlor rollers never appealed to me because of their flightlessness.

I was just reading a book and they were talking about Birmingham rollers and parlor rollers. Does anyone know much about them or raise them I watched a video of both of them and they are amazing!
I have rollers. Used to have parlors too. Got rid of them, because they are simply cruel to breed. :( I have Birmingham now, but am thinking of getting out of them. They really are fun, but I Think homers are simply more fun. I could never get them to kit together and roll, due to the trees around their loft.

As a five year old child I was taken to see a flock of performing Birmingham rollers. They say that I cried when we left. I have had a life long love affair with the breed. There is nothing more thrilling than a 20 bird kit going into a waterfall roll all at the same time. Cooper's hawks put me out of business, but I still miss my birds on a daily basis. Parlor rollers never appealed to me because of their flightlessness.
They really are amazing. I definitely like the Birminghams better than the parlors

I have some Birmingham rollers, they are Show type and therefore don’t roll. I do have a hen that I’m not sure of the breed of, she also doesn’t roll. I like the show type as they are kind of soft feathered looking and wide bodied. And I like their colours.

6A25B9C4-B2C8-4E57-9E35-1530FB7E1BAF.jpeg
7176DC93-A990-4358-889F-A4C2313A6D5A.jpeg
A5DF816A-B22B-4025-BB24-4E2567260A72.jpeg
86085306-4277-4365-A42C-38F3D52EF15F.jpeg

Last edited:
I was just reading a book and they were talking about Birmingham rollers and parlor rollers. Does anyone know much about them or raise them I watched a video of both of them and they are amazing!
I'm a pigeon pro. Any specific questions, lemme know.

Agreed. There's nothing more devastating than Cooper's hawks. They're a perpetual problem because they remember where the lofts are.

Back
Top Bottom