Roo or hen? HELP!!!!

cozycoop1314

Songster
5 Years
Jan 6, 2017
Holland, MI
Ok, so I'm back posting about my chicken that was labeled as a sapphire blue rock hen....and clearly we've figured out she's either a barred rock or a mix...
But.....

Omg is she a ROOSTER??
She's 20 weeks. She's kinda awkward. Mild in temperament. Does not crow or bully. Does stand up kinda tall but doesn't strut. No spurs (I actually have a hen that has spurs which is bizarre)

Also. What if it IS a rooster? Can we not keep it? Will that mean all our eggs will be fertilized babies?? Sorry we've never had a rooster, always just had girlies over here...
20210724_111543.jpg
20210724_111653.jpg

20210724_111646.jpg
20210724_111641.jpg
20210724_111532.jpg

Rooster also what breed is yours?
I have one similarView attachment 2772121
We don't actually know...he was in a bin at the farm store labeled as sapphire blue plymouth rock hens.....which clearly was wrong in more than 1 way🤦‍♀️
We've always had chicks shipped straight to us & this is the first time we bought from a farm store....and 2 of the 3 babies were mislabeled....our other is an olive egger hen but was labeled as black australorp

I believe he is either barred rock or a barred rock mixed with something

We don't actually know...he was in a bin at the farm store labeled as sapphire blue plymouth rock hens.....which clearly was wrong in more than 1 way🤦‍♀️
We've always had chicks shipped straight to us & this is the first time we bought from a farm store....and 2 of the 3 babies were mislabeled....our other is an olive egger hen but was labeled as black australorp

I believe he is either barred rock or a barred rock mixed with something
He looks just right for a Sapphire gem cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom