Roo or Hen??

lovethoseeggs

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Southside Virginia
Thought I would come to the experts for comfirmation of my 14 week and 8 week Easter Eggers chicks.

8wks1.jpg

8wks2.jpg

14wks1.jpg

12wks2.jpg

12wks3.jpg

How many did I get right?

Thanks,
Wanda

Last edited:
I don't know...the white one looks like it has rooster feathers already coming in on the tail area. Can you get some close-ups of it?

How's this picture? I'm hoping for female, out of 9 chicks that hatch only have 3 known to be hens. Anyone need any Easter Egger Roosters?

8wks3.jpg

8wks4.jpg

Thanks

Wanda

Last edited:
The only one that looks like a hen is the left hand one in the first picture. All the others look like roos to me. I have an 8 week old EE Roo, and his comb looks that red, but my hens don't get red combs or faces for a long time. Sorry!

Thanks everyone for your help. I am so disappointed that the white one is a roo was really hoping for a hen, oh well.

Need more help. I am hoping that the next two chickens are hens? Am I wrong again? These EE's are 14 weeks old.

14wks5.jpg

This 14th week old chick is finally getting its feathers. Hen/Roo? aka Baby Emu....

14wks6.jpg

Wanda

These 2 look like pullets to me, especially the first one with blue/tan coloring.

Jody

The first one in the last set of pics (buff?) is a girl, the 2nd one hard to tell but I would say boy. I could tell on mine because the boys' combs got three rows of little bumps and the girls only had one row.

Back
Top Bottom