Roo or pullet?

Quote:
The rooster has nothing to do with the sex of the chick, its all hen, she either lays a female egg or male egg

Very true.

While in mammals the male has XY chromosomes and the female has XX, in birds it's the male having ZZ and the female with ZW. So in mammals, the female can only contribute an X chromosome, and the sex of the offspring is determined by the chromosome contributed by the male -- either X or Y. If X, the offspring will be female, because it will have XX. If Y, the offspring will be male, because it will have XY. But in birds, the male can only contribute a Z chromosome, so the sex of the offspring is determined by the chromosome contributed by the female. If she donates a Z, the offspring will be male with ZZ chromosomes, and if she donates a W, the offspring will be female wth ZW chromosomes.

Sorry if that was confusing.... Biology enthralls me.
tongue.png

Biology confuses me but i understand what your saying here. I have heard of people identifiying sex from the shape of eggs im not sure how accurate this could be but thats a thought for another post i will not stray here to a different subject or have i now already......
lol.png

Updated pics

Now 8 weeks gold the white roosters all look like golden comet roosters with the red feathering on there wings but have a big leghorn comb. The females are noticably smaller now with a much smaller comb. The barred chick to me atleast looks very much like a pullet now.

I didnt grab a pic of all of them but looking like 3 pullets and 3 roos right now i will get a few more pics when there being more coopertive.

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6408.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom