roo paralyzed after dog attack - vet not too hopeful. need advice

thanks for your support. i didn't think i'd cry this much. we buried him in front of the barn in a Louis Vuitton box we got from my sister - so he went out with style!

but there is good news too. this morning there were 2 eggs in the coop. my girls who had stopped laying for 2 months suddenly gave me a surprise gift.

and my sister- has offered to buy me another chicken. so if anyone out there has those chicks with the fancy colorful spikey things on their head, email me the details and some pix. No more bantams for me - too small and delicate for her rotten little chiuauaha.
maybe a nice pair of new girls?

internal injuries will kill anything. You did the best you could. Try blackout stales with the sling....maybe. FL is a long way but I have raised may straight combs but now raise mostly peas do to cold weather(snow in MS) I do have a beautiful (black)Sid Taylor that has crossed with a hatch and produced 2 straight and 1 pea comb roos all Dark and sold of course. Still not illegal to raise and hope it stays that way if not better. Great birds shame they can't do anything else but look good.
smile.png

OMG a chihuahua killed him?
somad.gif
You said dog attack, and I just pictured a big dog. Don't let your sister bring her dog over anymore.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom