roo rescue!

tnichols04

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Dawsonville, Georgia
hey everyone! My name is Tirzah and I live in Dawsonville, Georgia. I have rescued a beautiful rooster off the road who had fallen off a chicken truck. I had intended on keeping him and giving him a loving home--he is full of love and personality. He runs up to you when you get out of the car, follows the dogs, and enjoys riding to the park. He comes in the house at night and sleeps in a crate with blankets, because I don't at all have a set up for chickens. Unfortunetly because he's a rooster and crows, and because I am renting this home, I am unable to keep him. I am heart broken over this because I want him to be safe and happy wherever he is, and I'm not sure if there is a place for him where he can live out his life. I am in Dawsonville, Georgia which is about an hour above Atlanta. If anyone who is reading this could provide a loving home for Viggo, please please let me know. I would be 100% willing to drive quite a distance to bring him to a place where he could live out his life and be safe and loved. Don't hesitate to email me or even call--this is time sensitive! My email is [email protected] and my cell number is 443-465-5269. If anyone can help Viggo, please let me know!
~Tirzah

Last edited:
Tirzah,

Hey! It's Hannah! Brianna is still doing wonderfully here at our home. We have some of her chicks growing out right now. Their so cute! I see you moved down to Georgia.
smile.png

Tirzah-

What breed of chicken is Viggo?Do you know how old he is?Are you able to post a picture?
We have eight hens (different breeds ) in need of a rooster.These lovely ladies would LOVE to have a man around to share their home here in the beautiful North Carolina foothills!He would be able to "Free Range" all day on our 2 acre spread,then share "feeding-time" with his girls and our four ducks.He would then retire to the three layer Coop that we built down by the stream.Does that sound like a home you would want him to have?
Only thing is-we live in NC-probably about 3 hours from you.The halfway point would be Anderson,SC.How far are you from there?Also I work friday and saturday but I'm off sunday.
I will post this-but its only an hour since your post--I'll just call ya!
should have done that to begin with!

you guys are the best! it's so nice to hear from people who love chickens for who they are! here are some more beautiful pics of viggo! it looks like pretty soon he'll be spoiled rotten in North Carolina!
12462_fun_pics_from_susan_001.jpg

12462_fun_pics_from_susan_002.jpg

12462_fun_pics_from_susan_003.jpg

12462_fun_pics_from_susan_004.jpg

12462_fun_pics_from_susan_005.jpg

12462_fun_pics_from_susan_006.jpg

Bless his heart, you know where he was headed. He is lucky he fell off the truck and you found him!

My brother used to live in Ga and after that bad tornado hit Gainesville and destroyed a lot of chicken houses he had some stray chickens wind up on his farm and became his pets. LOL

Back
Top Bottom