Roo Right? One more

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
OK I had a beautiful big EE roo a while back and got a few chicks from him and a BR.

I have 2 that are just 2 weeks apart that I know are roos. Just rehomed one. This one and another though are throwing me off.

I was thinking they had to be color sexable, but I have 2 that look like this one and I'm just not sure.

Any guesses?

44123_barred_ee_1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm kind of hoping I have 2 pullets out of these. Re homing the roos. I have more roos than I know what t o do with.

If they're pullets I'm happy. That means maybe some green eggs in the fridge eventually.

I just think they turned out sooooo cool.

It appears to be out of your EE which means it would be a roo unless your EE was also barred. hens must have barring from both parents. EE roos can be slow to show their masculine side.

No saddle feathers showing at all. The roo that I rehomed had blue, green and purple stripped wings and the barring was lighter. Don't think I have a pic of him anywhere, but he was gorgeous. I have one I know is a roo, because the the saddle feathers have been coming in and they are a light redish brown and looks so cool.

About looking like an owl. That's what I've been seeing to and I love it. so if they are pullets they stay, if they crow they go. LOL

So if anyone wants a cool looking roo, if that's what they are, I have one for you.

Back
Top Bottom