Roo scared of other Roo wont come out

2txmedics

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Manvel Texas
Ok this is for My Ma..4he recently..2 1/2wks. Got 2 australorpe roos from the same guy she put them in the same run as they were together when the guy had them. Well she didn't quartine them she stuck them in with her hens. She kept saying one roo was cute he would run in the coop to the top roost n then run back out. Nobody was bothering him. Well now here we r another week later and he will NOT come out of the coop at all! Like he is afraid of the other roo she says but never seen them fight. He won't come out not even to eat and now he is eating the eggs to survive. Anyone ever heard of a such a thing? Any ideas? If she seperates him in another coop/run and take 1/2 the flock will that work or can she keep them together?

so then its best to take the Alpha roo out and not the scared one?...my question is how will the hens react also...I know they build a harem so to speak...and Ive read that sometimes hens wont mate with another roo if the one they are with is taken out.

but I guess its worth a try. and for how long do you think? would I remove some of the hens with the alpha roo?

Back
Top Bottom