Roo With Awful Swelling On Neck/bad Picture Alert/sorry Duplicate Post

chelmer640

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Hello, I have posted this info several times, but no one seems to know what to do, and I admit it is baffling. My very healty and sequestered in a nice cage Rooster developed this horrendous golf ball sized thing on his neck under his feathers. I noticed it when I fed him breakfast 2 days ago and I had not noticed it before. I suppose it could have been there but just not as large so I didn't see it. It has pussy green on it and is bleeding, weeping sort of by the quills. I have given him an antibiotic in his water called Aureomycin chloretetracycline and neosporin as well as rinsing it with peroxide. I even poked the thing with a sterile needle as directed by a feed store owner to try and see if I could drain it. It just bleeds and doesn't go down. I can't tell if it's a wound or what, maybe a tumor. But, he is eating, crowing and drinking fruit juice and antibiotic water and food. He is now sequestered inside the house. I have no access to a bird vet and can't perform surgery on him as I am not a proffessional vet. I really want him to make it, but I don't know what else to do. He is 6 years old. Here is pic. Not pretty. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/869_100_2363.jpg[/img]
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom