Roo???

NewbieHenHouse

Hatching
Jul 12, 2023
I'm new here with my first 5 chicks that are 11 and 10 weeks old. I'm trying to determine if my Black Australorp (11 weeks old) is a roo or hen? Any thoughts??

Attachments

• tempImage9CIMKn.png
    tempImage9CIMKn.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
I'm new here with my first 5 chicks that are 11 and 10 weeks old. I'm trying to determine if my Black Australorp (11 weeks old) is a roo or hen? Any thoughts??
Are you sure that's an australorp? Cause I see a pea comb, and they have straight comb. Do you have a better closeup picture of her comb from the front?

Either way, no wattles at all at 11 weeks, light pink comb = pullet.

Are you sure that's an australorp? Cause I see a pea comb, and they have straight comb. Do you have a better closeup picture of her comb from the front?

OK, nice to have someone else confirm it. I was also considerate of that comb, so glad someone else is seeing pea. Moreover, this bird's build is very different from an australorp

My first thought was is that an australorp. That tail is of a Mediterranean breed.

OP, Where did you get them from?

Hoovers has a "designer" EE called prairie bluebell egger that looks like that. This could easily be a PBE. Or just a regular EE who happens to be black.

I have 3 black PBEs, two of which look similar to this one. They have white earlobes.

Last edited:
Where did you get them from?

Hoovers has a "designer" EE called prairie bluebell egger that looks like that. This could easily be a PBE. Or just a regular EE who happens to be black.

I have 3 black PBEs, two of which look similar to this one. They have white earlobes.
Sorry, not my post.

Back
Top Bottom