Roos and/or Pullets

FrogGurr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 1, 2014
I got these three about a week or so ago. Jersey Giant babes. Just looking for opinions on gender. I am uneducated guessing my white/splash is a roo, the "blue" one a pullet, and the black one, I am 100% unsure. It has a bigger comb than the blue, but is less vibrant than the splash. I was told they hatched March 20.

Thank you all in advance

The light one looks like a roo for sure...

Bottom left pic looks like it could be a roo, top left it looks like a pellet though

Last edited:
Neither the blue or black have the "waddles" or jowl things like the splash which make me want to say pullet. But, I am still fairly new to being a chicken mommy.

Neither the blue or black have the "waddles" or jowl things like the splash which make me want to say pullet. But, I am still fairly new to being a chicken mommy.

It'll be easier to tell the older they get, another week or two it'll be no question. As of now I'd say the splash is a roo, the blue is a pellet, the black I'd lean pellet but watch for color in the wattles or comb for the next week or so cause it could very well turn out to be a roo too.

It'll be easier to tell the older they get, another week or two it'll be no question. As of now I'd say the splash is a roo, the blue is a pellet, the black I'd lean pellet but watch for color in the wattles or comb for the next week or so cause it could very well turn out to be a roo too.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom