Roos be'in mean to my girls....

Fat Daddy

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Ks
So this was the day I culled all my extra roos... Man are they tasty !!! I was gonna bacon wrap them and do a rotisserie deal but... I decided deep fried, battered quail, mashed tators and dirty gravy with a half dozen yeast rolls, would be just fine. Thats some good stuff right there, I dont care who ya are. The Girls were so happy to get rid of the roos, they gave up there first egg today too. They will be 6 weeks old Monday. Last time I looked there were 5 girls in the dust bath all getting along grand. Two lone roos wonder'in where everybody went. Been a good day at Fat Daddy's house.... Bill

Well done! The deed and the cooking.
big_smile.png

Now you are making me want to go snatch some up to butcher, but I only have 2 extras left and I just placed them in the colony pen to save pace. I have roughly 30 chicks in the bator so in 8 weeks I will feast.
lol.png

Quote:
To be honest Robo, I had never ate coturnix before. I figured I better see if I liked them before hatching a honk'in truck load of'em, just cuz I like to have them around. Turns out they eat almost as good as bobs. These were very young too, bout 8 to 6 oz. Out of 22, 12 were roos, and rough'in up the hens pretty bad. Now order has been restored and I'm sittin here "fat on quail"... Bill

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom