Roo's comb now hanging over one eye -- he looks irritated by it!

Kuvasz

Songster
12 Years
Jun 22, 2010
First time chicken owner here....please give me your opinions here.

My roo, Dancer, has a pretty large comb for a buff brahma, and during that cold snap in December, his comb went from standing up straight on his pretty head, to flopping over to one side, and covering most of one eye! He is now looking out from under it, and clearly can't see very well on one side....I know it must be annoying him! He has some little black spots on it too that I'm sure are frostbite, but not to any serious degree, at least from what I've read.

Will the comb eventually straighten up? Should I have it removed so he can see better? Was this my fault for not keeping him warmer, or does this just happen? It's not discolored or pale or anything, other than just the little black frostbite spots that aren't getting any worse than they were several wks. ago.

Anything I should/could do for him?

Thanks!

hi i have an Ancona and the breed does have big combs and once she grew up it got bigger and one day it fell over. i wouldn't think anything of it and your roo should get used to it. hopefully someone else will reply and help you more.

Back
Top Bottom