Roo's crowing at night.

My White Rock rooster crows whenever we turn on the flood lights or porch lights at night. Be careful around those coyotes, we had one to come right up to the porch and attack our cat the other morning. He's ok, just a nasty bite wound, but he doesn't get to go out at night anymore and I have my pistol handy in case they try to go after my chickens.

We have a baby monitor in our coops. (no rooster when I installed them
roll.png
) So I hear my boys every night. And like clock work, at just about 2:30am, my Alpha roo sounds off in coop 1. When he is done, my second in command in charge of coop 2 gives a few good pulls on the horn, and then they are all done until morning.

I have gotten used to it, and rarely notice anymore. When they were younger, it wasnt with such regularity tho, so I wonder if your boys will settle down with time?

Good Luck either way!

Quote:
After the coyote got our chickens I was out for blood. When they figured out I was after them they left my place and haven't been back.

Its been months since they've been around so I think they forgot I have a kill order on them.

The coop and run was HEAVILY fortified after the first attack and I dont think it will ever happen again.

Back
Top Bottom