Roo's or Hen's? Help please

Ah, crowing roosters. My neighbor's got a cockerel (ordered all pullets, got a rooster in the bunch) who crows around 9 every morning. Hearing a rooster crowing makes my day. By the way, Owlie is a very nice name. It fits him.

Thank you,
I have 16 all together of the different breeds. They threw in an extra Brahma. Lol

Does it really matter if I have rooster's? I mean I know they protect the hens and all. Anything I should be particularly worried about having rooster's?

We're in this together, then. This is my first time raising roos btw. Roosters (like you already know) crow, which might annoy neighbors if you're in town. You probably know that they fertilize eggs, so you can incubate them and raise more chicks (Owlie's coloring should be passed down). Roosters can be aggressive, mind you, but other than that, they aren't really different.

We're in this together, then. This is my first time raising roos btw. Roosters (like you already know) crow, which might annoy neighbors if you're in town. You probably know that they fertilize eggs, so you can incubate them and raise more chicks (Owlie's coloring should be passed down). Roosters can be aggressive, mind you, but other than that, they aren't really different.

My husband retired last April and we bought a lot of land. After 30 years of moving all over I finally got me some chickens. I was raised on a farm when I was little and all I know is that rooster's crow in the mornings which always irritated me as a kid especially when Saturday mornings I wanted to sleep in. Lol
Maybe I should learn more about hatching eggs and all since it seems he's pretty good looking 😆

My husband retired last April and we bought a lot of land. After 30 years of moving all over I finally got me some chickens. I was raised on a farm when I was little and all I know is that rooster's crow in the mornings which always irritated me as a kid especially when Saturday mornings I wanted to sleep in. Lol
Maybe I should learn more about hatching eggs and all since it seems he's pretty good looking 😆
On the new piece of land....

Try to build some predator-safe housing

Then decide what breed of chickens you like (or barnyard mix)

Back
Top Bottom