Rooster acting crazy

Zoe Adell

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2018
400B09E4-6B4E-499C-8F34-F7DF121E3980.jpeg
i have a rooster that is a little over a year old and lately he has started acting crazy. He is the only chicken doing this. He will stand still for a second and then start running like something is chasing him. He also shakes his head like there’s something on his wattles. His wattles have white stuff on them and I also found a small tick on them. (He’s the red rooster) also I just moved to a new house and he has a clean pen.

Last edited:
:welcome From the picture he appears to be quite healthy. Do an on site search on 'favus' and see if that is what is happening with his wattles.
Yes it looks kind of like that but there’s not very much of it. I read about favus and it said the white stuff was flakey, but the stuff on my roosters wattles is not flakey

Last edited:
View attachment 1569688 i have a rooster that is a little over a year old and lately he has started acting crazy. He is the only chicken doing this. He will stand still for a second and then start running like something is chasing him. He also shakes his head like there’s something on his wattles. His wattles have white stuff on them and I also found a small tick on them. (He’s the red rooster)
nah it’s hard to explain but I can upload a picture when I get home thanks

View attachment 1569688 i have a rooster that is a little over a year old and lately he has started acting crazy. He is the only chicken doing this. He will stand still for a second and then start running like something is chasing him. He also shakes his head like there’s something on his wattles. His wattles have white stuff on them and I also found a small tick on them. (He’s the red rooster) also I just moved to a new house and he has a clean pen.
Can you post some photos of the white stuff you are seeing?
A video of his actions? Upload video to youtube or similar platform, then provide us a link.

Check his crop first thing in the morning before he eats/drinks to make sure it's empty and give him a good look for lice/mites. Check the ears as well.

Back
Top Bottom