Rooster and ducks living together

Dm3223

Chirping
Oct 6, 2021
So a rooster came from my neighbours 2 months ago and I’ve tried to bring the rooster back but he just kept coming back, him and my 3 ducks (2 gals and a drake) all get along super well, they are together all day and he even hangs out in their house with him. we all love him being around now.. only problem is..

In the nights he’s just been running somewhere in the forest to sleep. I built him a little house next to the ducks house but he won’t sleep in it.

It’s now starting to get cold and he seems like he wants to sleep with the ducks in their house. I’ve tried to catch him and put him in his house but I’m sure you all know how fun it is to catch a rooster..

Is it possible for the rooster to sleep in the duck house with them seeing as they all have seemed quiet peaceful with each other?

Dumb question but worth asking....in you duck house or his house does he have a roost to sleep on? What are you using for bedding etc.
Im the king of dumb questions and that definitely isn’t one haha :)
In the duck house there is no roost bar or anything up high for him to sleep on, the ducks use straw bedding. in the house I built for him I stacked up a couple wooden fence corner posts horizontally for him to roost on.. straw bedding as well

Back
Top Bottom