Rooster attack

Chickens can be hard to catch during the day; after all, they ARE birds. Whenever we want to handle any of ours, we generally wait until after they go to roost in the evening. They don't see well at night so we just go in and pluck the one(s) we want off the roost like picking an apple off a tree. Doesn't ruffle the other ones, either.

I've been wondering because I've not had time to address the rooster issue but at the same time he's not tried again so I'm a little confused... I'm not good at culling a chicken 'in cold blood' but if he tries again I will not have a problem ending the problem. But again I haven't had time to mess with them at all. I don't have a problem making them move when I change out their water or feed. If I walk through, they give way to me. So was he just checking to see where the boundaries are or, as I suspect, will he get bolder the older he gets?
That's kind of anyone's guess and the only way to know for sure is to wait and see. But in my experience, a rooster that will strike you once most likely will do it again. I would certainly not turn my back on him again.

Back
Top Bottom