rooster attacked chick

Pics
i found him on his back twitching and gas, the bleeding stopped but he’s still weak, he tries to stand, he lifts his head but stops i don’t know what to do, he opens his eyes for a bit then shuts them, we gave him some water and he drank it, i’m all over the place i’m sorry i just don’t want him to die, i’m in texas and my power is going out every 20 minutes so i have little time
oh god, im so sorry. he could have lost too much blood. babies have so little blood in their tiny bodies. just keep him warm and make sure he drinks lots. if you have something that can increase production of blood in the body, give him that. ok?

I’m not sure but if this bird still has a screwy neck it’s best to put it down. It’s not a vitamin deficiency and can’t be treated like one.

i found out that they’re all boys so i’ll have to build another fenced area and coop for them or else the one with the girls are gonna fight them, could i put the cockerels all in the same coop?
unfortunately i’m not sure of their breeds, i have 3 chicks that belong to him and 1 that i rescued, he’s a much smaller one and started singing at 3 weeks i’ll post some pics :) i was told all of them are cockerels, i know that 2 are boys because they sing but i’m not sure what the little brown one is but others think it’s a boy
The adult rooster does look like a game mix. Has he ever been able to live peacefully with another rooster?
i was able to locate a couple vet places that work on chickens, the exams range from $50-80 dollars , should i make an appointment? would you make an appointment? i guess i just want opinions.
:idunno
I don’t think you should worry about your cockerel, yet. He seems to be recovering. Maybe you could take a video of him trying to stand to post here?

The adult rooster does look like a game mix. Has he ever been able to live peacefully with another rooster?

I don’t think you should worry about your cockerel, yet. He seems to be recovering. Maybe you could take a video of him trying to stand to post here?
My adult rooster is the only adult rooster, i laid down 6 eggs and only 3 hatched, 2 roosters and a hen, they would hangout and do everything as a group but Beans (the other roo) was killed by a dog and ever since it’s been them, they we’re really sweet roosters and they love to cuddle in your lap and would cuddle together . I guess william (the roo that attacked) got jealous of the other ones stealing his spot or he just wanted them gone, eh could be both :idunno
EEDA3FA0-36EF-4228-9B5F-E0E4D5F5D07E.jpeg

As for garbanzo, i’ll have to figure out how to post videos but sure! He’s not really able to stand on his own, he can definitely move around by flipping but if you hold him up and let go he falls, i’ll try posting it today! should i do it outside, maybe a place where there is fluffy things around him? ah i’ll see where :)

Last edited:
oh god, im so sorry. he could have lost too much blood. babies have so little blood in their tiny bodies. just keep him warm and make sure he drinks lots. if you have something that can increase production of blood in the body, give him that. ok?
i would say he lost about less than a teaspoon? maybe a teaspoon?? (i’m bad at measuring) , there was a couple drops where he was laying and the paper towels weren’t soaked, just a couple stains, the bleeding quickly stopped. Luckily he isn’t super tiny, he’s around 11 week olds and the size of a bolillo (it’s a medium sized bread roll lol)

I’m not sure but if this bird still has a screwy neck it’s best to put it down. It’s not a vitamin deficiency and can’t be treated like one.
he’s able to keep his neck up unless he’s super tired and has been using it all day, but he isn’t able to fully turn his neck to the right, he’s tried but i think it hurt him. He even tries to turn his entire neck to scratch his right shoulder.

let me know if it works!

i thought it would be nice for the chicks to be loose for a bit, he was desperate to go with them and was trying his best to leave after the video ended, i wanted him to spend some time with them so he doesn’t get lonely, i locked up the adults so the others could be out, also i’m trying to hold him as gently as possible!
@RoostersAreAwesome :)

Last edited:
image.jpg

he’s standing here on his own but only because he’s leaning on the side of the box, but atleast he’s scratching his own feathers.

let me know if it works!

i thought it would be nice for the chicks to be loose for a bit, he was desperate to go with them and was trying his best to leave after the video ended, i wanted him to spend some time with them so he doesn’t get lonely, i locked up the adults so the others could be out, also i’m trying to hold him as gently as possible!
@RoostersAreAwesome :)
Looking at the video, it does unfortunately look like he could have neurological issues. I only have experience with Marek’s disease, not neurological problems caused by an injury, so I’m not sure what your next move should be.

Back
Top Bottom