Rooster attacked Grandson

I agree, I had to evade a satanic RIR rooster when I was a kid. The demon lived out his life just fine. I have never had a RIR chicken because of it! I don't need this BCM either.
My great great aunt and uncle also had an evil RIR. They never had children and didn’t mind him attacking too much. I believe that human aggression is generally caused by imprinting on humans as chicks and therefore can span a range of breeds. But I believe RIRs uniquely have it bred into them.

Here is the solution.

Attachments

• 20210829_151926.jpg
    20210829_151926.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 7
My great great aunt and uncle also had an evil RIR. They never had children and didn’t mind him attacking too much. I believe that human aggression is generally caused by imprinting on humans as chicks and therefore can span a range of breeds. But I believe RIRs uniquely have it bred into them.
Nah it's more to do with people overlooking and not correcting bad behavior when they start showing breeding behavior and say "that's what roosters do" until they start attacking. Then all of a sudden it's an aggressive roo, he just turned on us.

Imprinting like this?🤣🤣
20230803_180527.jpg

Nah it's more to do with people overlooking and not correcting bad behavior when they start showing breeding behavior and say "that's what roosters do" until they start attacking. Then all of a sudden it's an aggressive roo, he just turned on us.
Imprinting at chickhood when they first hatch. They get their wires crossed and can’t discern a human from a rival rooster. It can’t be fixed once it happens. A rooster that can be corrected was never seriously human aggressive to begin with. You can’t correct a mental defect. And yes, if a rooster thinks you’re a rival rooster to flog, that’s a mental defect.

Imprinting at chickhood when they first hatch. They get their wires crossed and can’t discern a human from a rival rooster. It can’t be fixed once it happens. A rooster that can be corrected was never seriously human aggressive to begin with. You can’t correct a mental defect. And yes, if a rooster thinks you’re a rival rooster to flog, that’s a mental defect.
Seems a problem with artificial incubation?

Seems a problem with artificial incubation?
That’s what I believe.

I have received multiple “man fighter” roosters and bred them. Their offspring, grand offspring, great offspring, ect. don’t exhibit the trait when raised on my farm. If sent off farm as hatching eggs, they may become “man fighters.” The common denominator seems to be artificial incubation and close coddling in early chickhood. On my farm, they’re either hen raised or (if artificially incubated) hatched in a dark barn where I only interact with the new chicks behind a flash light. I make myself an object of fear instead of comfort to them. Then later they begin to associate me as the bringer of sustenance, but I’m never a mother to them.

In artificial incubation, degrees of presence, contact, and handling vary between people and batches of chicks. Furthermore, the imprinting instinct is stronger or weaker between breeds and individuals. I think all of these variables contribute to the apparent randomness of when roosters grow into being man fighters. It appears random because the variables make imprinting sporadic. But I have little doubt imprinting is the cause. In birds less domesticated than chickens, such as heritage domestic turkeys, imprinting is much more obvious and predictable, resulting in gobblers that want to fight humans and hens that want to be bred by humans.

Back
Top Bottom