Rooster attacking me

Centracid- i am not set in my ways so i dont know why you said this. I have done what others here suggested, what my neighbors suggested and nothing is working.. He was fine until he started mating with the hens then he got aggressive... He keeps attacking no matter whT we try. As soon as he sees us he cals the alarm. I have to barricade him away from me to clean the coop and pen area to keep him from attacking me.. Even free range which they have 24/7 he attacks me

You keep saying the same thing over and over. Back up a second to invest in observing how you interact with birds in general. Film your interactions and post. You will learn a lot from the process.

What we would like to see is a film of your interaction with an aggressive rooster, since we all seem to be doing everything wrong. Some how sitting in a lawn chair allowing a rooster to flog you until he looses interest seems ludicrous to me.

Centrarchid is a scientist and is actively involved in a study on rooster aggression. He has a thread I'm following. It is interesting to follow. He studies the interactions between animals and animals, and people and animals.

What we would like to see is a film of your interaction with an aggressive rooster, since we all seem to be doing everything wrong. Some how sitting in a lawn chair allowing a rooster to flog you until he looses interest seems ludicrous to me.

I have to actively train a rooster these days to get one to flog like yours do which is the ludicrous part. I do not use the lawn chair, rather I sit down at the offenders level or simply ignore him while doing chores. It is very unpleasant to be sure but enables exploring how to back a bird out a bad behavior. Ultimately, the effort should be to understand how our behaviors promote the aggression. I am emphasizing the use of current bad birds to understand how interactions can be changed so subsequent birds not trained to be man-fighters down the road. One of the first objectives is to loose the animosity / fear directed towards birds. If I can interpret such in someones writing, then the bird will be able to see in your actions as they are hard to lie too. I have enough experience with people to know if they express concern about a rooster's aggressive behavior, then they also harbor fear that plays out even when it needs not to.

I already have a video of a trained to be aggressive bird (from my perspective using a feed bucket during early stages). In the coming days I will setup to show how to deal with the aggression in a manner that suppresses further interest in attacking me. This is going to be a lot of effort to demonstrate something to an audience that is very reluctant to even consider alternative views.

He was fine with me until he started mating with the hens. That's when he changed. I used to be able to sit with the chickens for hours watching them, reading a book or just talking to them. They all followed me around like the pied piper.. I gave them treats, inspected their feathers and interacted with them fine. The rooster was good with this all too until he started to mate- thats when he changed and started attacking us . If you want him to do your study come pick him up- i will not allow him to bloody me up attacking me just because you want it on video... You can think i am doing something wrong which is fine- but sitting with them while they are free ranging does not deserve me getting all bloodied up over a jerk of a hormonal rooster....the other two roosters i have are not aggressive do why shoukd i keep an aggressive one? Like i said come pick him up and use him for your study. He was wonky as a baby after his two chicks died in 3 days of bringing all three home so maybe he looks at us as we killed the other two (which we didnt do they dropped dead after being home with us for three days). I wont waste my time on dogs that are human aggressive and certainly not a rooster.. All i did was feed them , clean their coop and run , sit with them and bring them treats every time i went in their yard... All the hens came around me and all followed me everywhere... I did nothing wrong..

All three roosters will be gone this week.
Centracid if you read my entire thread you will see why i keep repeating myself- because he was fine until he started mating with the hens- you wanted to know when this started- so i answered you. Yes he was held- he loved to climb on us and perch on our shoulders and in our arms. He would nestle down and fall asleep in our arms or on our shoulder- he had no negative handling as he liked us- it all changed when he started mating with the hens - i dont know how many times i need to say it.... If he didnt want to be near us prior to that he wouldn't nestle in our arms or seek us out.....

I can not change your world. That is up to you. Once option is try to think like the rooster to develop an understanding as to why he attacks you. What benefits does he get or perceive? How does he perceive his relationship with you? You likely at on point considered him like a child. As such you developed a repertoire of sorts that setup for subsequent miscommunications,

Your situation is thus likely different than that where feed buckets are involved with most roosters or where rooster has a legitimate concern about safety of his offspring like mine can be stimulated to have.

I highly doubt it. He is a bird not a child. Read what i wrote - he was fine until he matured and started breeding with the hens.
Like i said- take him for your study drive yourself out here and take him home.... You are just like people who think HA can be trained out of dogs- you have every idea in the world on training and blame the person for the dogs behavior, yet when someone calls you out to take the animal you all back off.... Say what you want , but my offer still stands- move your *** here and pick up my rooster that is attacking anyone who walks in his area and take him for your study..
Now i am done with this thread. Good luck on your study- and make sure to go around and take every nasty rooster for your study .....

Back
Top Bottom