Rooster attacking me

Nothing is working, so now i have to euthanize him. He was fine until he started mating with the hens. Now he charges us every time we go in their yard area/coop/pen.
I am very sad about this.
So what is the best way to euthanize him ? Take him to my vet or what?

I had one like that and had to kill him. I hated it so much that I started researching and found something I use nite. I don't know if it works at the point that he's at but you could try. You immediately grab him as he comes at you and hold him at your hip slightly in front of hip. Take fingers of your other hand and push his head downward toward the ground. Hold his head till he relaxes. Let go. When he picks his head up do it again and again till he keeps it down. Put him down. Repeat as needed immediately on signs of aggression. It has worked for me not to let mine get to the point as before. I didn't know about this with my other to know how well it works.good luck

Thanks but its going to be hard trying to video while he is attacking me. As soon as i enter their yard he comes charging at me and attacks me. I use whatever i can to block him as he has scratched me pretty bad twice already ...

Centracid- i am not set in my ways so i dont know why you said this. I have done what others here suggested, what my neighbors suggested and nothing is working.. He was fine until he started mating with the hens then he got aggressive... He keeps attacking no matter whT we try. As soon as he sees us he cals the alarm. I have to barricade him away from me to clean the coop and pen area to keep him from attacking me.. Even free range which they have 24/7 he attacks me

Some of us don't care to waste time on an aggressive rooster when we already have several roosters that aren't the least bit aggressive.

When I have 20+ young cockerels in the bachelor pen and all of the sudden I have one that decides he needs to kick my butt, he has earned a one way trip to freezer camp.

When I have chosen a rooster to keep for breeding, he had better mind his manners..........or he will become soup.

I can understand that. In my case it was a very hard to come by tolbunt split rooster. I really really hated losing him. I have pure tolbunts now and could not afford them to go bad.

Some of us don't care to waste time on an aggressive rooster when we already have several roosters that aren't the least bit aggressive.

When I have 20+ young cockerels in the bachelor pen and all of the sudden I have one that decides he needs to kick my butt, he has earned a one way trip to freezer camp.

When I have chosen a rooster to keep for breeding, he had better mind his manners..........or he will become soup.

I often have more roosters running about but none, I say none get aggressive. It is not just a time issue, it is about technique as I likely invest less time than most especially on a per bird basis.

Scrutinize how you control interactions.

Back
Top Bottom