rooster attacks wife

I would follow their advice.

I had 15 too many roosters. Don't anymore.

I do still have two and I have separated them because I like them and now both will have a flock. After the quarantine.

All the others, don't miss them and wish I had sent them all to freezer camp instead of just six. The rest I rehomed or sold.

Quote:
This is exactly what I did too. Henry is not overly affectionate now but he is very polite and I can pick him up if I need to. He no longer chases or attacks anyone. If he starts to look cranky or stressed - I will lean down and say "do you need mama to pick you up and carry you around like a little girl?" He somehow understands and straightens right up... LOL

lol.png

That is too funny

I don’t know if this is the right way but it worked for me. One of my silkie roos was getting a bit psycho. I have 4 roos. I would correct him and it really didn’t seem to help but what started to happen was 2 of the other roos took it upon themselves to also correct him when he came at me. It seemed to work. It has been three days now that he didn’t come at me. This morning he kind of rushed up to me but didn’t peck me and the head roo still came and pecked his butt for doing that. None of the others were attacking me except this one but it seems he listened to the other roos and has definitely chilled out these past few days!
big_smile.png

you have to establish with your rooster that your the alpha roo not him. Dont be shy Punt his butt when he flogs you. I like to slap them across the face. they kinda just give you this What on earth did I do look. (I am not saying beat your chicken or harm him if it comes to that its stew pot time. never abuse animals) But there is room for displine so let him know you wont take It chase him Peck his face with your finger soft kicks and slaps will work. Main thing is establish your the boss if this behavior continues then sounds like chicken and dumplings to me.

Is he the dominant roo? Sounds like it. If you like chicken and dumplings that would sure fix the problem. I had this issue with our Rhode Roo. He drew blood every time. It started about the time his testosterone started to flow. Finally at the suggestion of BYC members I snatched him up and carried him around like a baby, feet up in the air, anytime I was in the yard. I did this for about a week to ten days. Now he comes running for a "waddle scratch" anytime I'm around. He follows me like a puppy. This has not cured his protective nature about strangers in his yard but he never goes after me anymore.

52975_chicken_dances.gif

Back
Top Bottom