Rooster Beauty Contest (Weekly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What breeds are they mixed with? They are beautiful! Sebrights?
Morning :) Yes these guys are from my project line. First generation was sebright hen and pekin rooster. Then I bred two of the second generation crosses that looked predominantly sebrighty to get Rusty - so he's the third generation. Then last year I bred Rusty with an unrelated silver sebright hen to get Junior there :)

So they are "technically" Sebright / Pekin crosses and I'm selectively breeding to get predominantly sebright traits.

This year I'm purchasing and hatching new sebright stock so that next year Junior and his siblings can be bred to new genetics again.

Morning :) Yes these guys are from my project line. First generation was sebright hen and pekin rooster. Then I bred two of the second generation crosses that looked predominantly sebrighty to get Rusty - so he's the third generation. Then last year I bred Rusty with an unrelated silver sebright hen to get Junior there :)

So they are "technically" Sebright / Pekin crosses and I'm selectively breeding to get predominantly sebright traits.

This year I'm purchasing and hatching new sebright stock so that next year Junior and his siblings can be bred to new genetics again.
That's some breeding plan!!!
I was wondering where they got the hen feathering... They are beautiful!

That's some breeding plan!!!
I was wondering where they got the hen feathering... They are beautiful!
Tis my pet project. I think we all have one yes? :D
I love the sebrights - they're like little velociraptors running around in the grass. But sadly their quality here is declining, there are fertility problems and over time non-standard traits are creeping in.
So I figured I'd breed to another bantam class - get some strength and fertility back in - then breed back as close to sebright standard as I can.
They might never be "showable" birds and I'll always disclose that they have a little mutt in them but if they are vigorous birds that do well I'm sure people will be happy to have them.

Tis my pet project. I think we all have one yes? :D
I love the sebrights - they're like little velociraptors running around in the grass. But sadly their quality here is declining, there are fertility problems and over time non-standard traits are creeping in.
So I figured I'd breed to another bantam class - get some strength and fertility back in - then breed back as close to sebright standard as I can.
They might never be "showable" birds and I'll always disclose that they have a little mutt in them but if they are vigorous birds that do well I'm sure people will be happy to have them.
Yeah!
I'm raising Biels and D'uccles! I'm going to start collecting Bielefelder eggs Saturday! Can't wait to have some little chicks running around!

Vigorous birds are a thing to be envied, especially in breeds that aren't doing so well. Good luck with your project!

72AE4BED-EEF2-428A-BAB0-5CE8DC47CA45.jpeg

Sammy, My Crested Cream Legbar/ Leghorn cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom