Rooster being a jerk

chicky1016

Songster
6 Years
Jun 20, 2015
South jersey USA
My poor hens. I have 15. Their feathers are balding on their backs and so are their heads. My rooster mates every 3 minutes some days. He doesnt have favorites. One of my hens is so stressed she doesn't even come out for free range anymore and shes extremely flighty. Hes about 14 mos old. Will he ever calm down? Ive thought about rehoming him but who wants a rooster that's out of control?Are all roosters this way? Hes so friendly to people. But not his ladies :/

More hens might further dilute his attentions, though I'm not sure if it would be a perfect solution. But hey, excuse to get more chickens, no?
wink.png

It sounds like he never developed good etiquette with the hens- bummer, as it sounds like he's so friendly to people.
sad.png

More hens might further dilute his attentions, though I'm not sure if it would be a perfect solution. But hey, excuse to get more chickens, no?
wink.png

It sounds like he never developed good etiquette with the hens- bummer, as it sounds like he's so friendly to people.
sad.png
He really is. He calls them over when there's food, always alerts them when something flys over... he really takes care of them-- it's just this one.thing.... :/

Back
Top Bottom