Rooster bleeding out through beak

I would wait until he is clearly well before putting him back with the flock.
Can I ask you a question? Bubba is eating a little and drinkng and moving around. He looks alert and is acting more like himself. But he is sneezing droplets of blood (I haven't seen him do it, but I found a few dried drops on the floor right outside his cage and sometimes I see him move his mouth like he's swallowing something) and his poop is tarry black (blood?). Since this is Thursday and he was apparently hurt on Monday evening, I'm assuming it's not a lot of blood. So my question is this: what am I missing? I think he is bleeding somewhere at the top of his throat maybe, but I don't see any external injuries. If there's something else I can do to help him, I definitely want to do it.

Can I ask you a question? Bubba is eating a little and drinkng and moving around. He looks alert and is acting more like himself. But he is sneezing droplets of blood (I haven't seen him do it, but I found a few dried drops on the floor right outside his cage and sometimes I see him move his mouth like he's swallowing something) and his poop is tarry black (blood?). Since this is Thursday and he was apparently hurt on Monday evening, I'm assuming it's not a lot of blood. So my question is this: what am I missing? I think he is bleeding somewhere at the top of his throat maybe, but I don't see any external injuries. If there's something else I can do to help him, I definitely want to do it.
Can you get photos of the inside of his beak and a few of what he looks like now?
What's his crop like - is it emptying overnight?

You've gone over him very well, moving his feather and looking at his skin for any signs of punctures, injury and bruising?

Can you get photos of the inside of his beak and a few of what he looks like now?
What's his crop like - is it emptying overnight?

You've gone over him very well, moving his feather and looking at his skin for any signs of punctures, injury and bruising?
Yes, we went over him and didn't find any punctures or cuts. Monday night was the first time since he was a chick that I've been able to hold him.
He wasn't eating more than a small handful a day while caged and looked sad, so this morning we let him back out with the flock. He seems happy so far and has been dust bathing and eating with the hens.
We rehomed the other young rooster who never showed any aggression (but is the suspected aggressor).
If I can get close enough to him I will snap some photos and update in the next few days.

Yes, we went over him and didn't find any punctures or cuts. Monday night was the first time since he was a chick that I've been able to hold him.
He wasn't eating more than a small handful a day while caged and looked sad, so this morning we let him back out with the flock. He seems happy so far and has been dust bathing and eating with the hens.
We rehomed the other young rooster who never showed any aggression (but is the suspected aggressor).
If I can get close enough to him I will snap some photos and update in the next few days.
What ended up happening with the rooster?

This made me think of rodenticides. In case he has ingested some or even a previously poisoned mouse, he should be treated with vitamin K for several weeks.

Back
Top Bottom