Rooster Breeds

Morgk

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
Hey y’all. I don’t know about you guys but I love my Light Brahma rooster. He was 8 and 1/2 months old. And today when I went out at 12 there happy to seem me. And come running. Then I go back out at 4 to do chores and he’s laying their dead. No bite marks or scratch’s everything looked good. All the hens were there. He was a good weight and didn’t have no Heath problems and no lice ect. I am thinking what happened was a heart attack, sadly. I’m looking for your all favorite standard size rooster breeds? I don’t think I could have another light Brahma rooster around it would make me miss him more. He was the only rooster. I hand raised him he was very tamed. Love my sweet boy Oreo
Thank you for hearing the longer story but it’s a hard thing

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes, sadly, they die. With 'sudden death' in an apparently healthy bird it is generally not a contagious situation.

Had an amazing Heritage RIR that I got from a breeder. Same thing happened with him. Was reading later and found out that it is common for the bigger breeds to get too heavy and then have heart failure. So sorry you lost your boy :hugs

My EE rooster, Solomon, is 5-6 years old, and wonderful with my girls. He's gorgeous and so polite. He follows me around like a dog. I'd definitely recommend them. :)

It’s crazy how they can run up to u and then be gone the next. It happen last March to my Buff Orpington. I’m assuming it was a heart attack.
I’m getting standard size Cochin chicks so there a bigger bird. Hopefully they don’t have heart attacks

Back
Top Bottom