Not sure what's going on with him.
I would see that his crop is emptying, consider getting a fecal float to rule worms out that may be causing a decline in health, look him over for lice/mites, that he's eating/drinking well and venturing outside for fresh air and sunshine.

Giving him 1/4 tablet B-Complex once a day for a week may also be beneficial.
If poop is normal, then likely not enteritis.

Still not sure what's going on with him, seeking vet care may be your best bet.

He seems to be doing better since I started giving him poultry cell. I read a bunch of simular posts that suggested it might be a vitamin deficiency, so I decided to start giving him some to see if it helps. He's still kinda low to the ground, and he does still go right back into sitting position when I raise up on his underside, but I did catch him almost standing up straight while eating out of the main food dish.

He was spending a lot of time mainly hanging out in one space like he didn't wanna go anywhere, but since I started his vitamin treatment, he's been slowly getting more active. I'm going to continue his treatment and if it helps him, I'll start putting some in the main water bowl as well.

He went downhill again. He was starting to better, but then he developed a rattle and hasn't been interested in eating the last couple of days. His wattles are pale too. I gave him some antibiotics and brought him inside. I'm going to see if that helps him improve.

He went downhill again. He was starting to better, but then he developed a rattle and hasn't been interested in eating the last couple of days. His wattles are pale too. I gave him some antibiotics and brought him inside. I'm going to see if that helps him improve.
Good idea. Keep us posted!

His wattles color looks better, and his rattle is gone, but he's keeping his eyes closed. He's awake, but hes keeping his eyes shut for some reason. I'm gonna get some better eye drops and start hand feeding him till he feels better. He was at least a littke active today. He kept shuffling around and tipping the lid off of his little carrier bed. Since he at least seems stable, I'm gonna put him in a small box where he can rest and shuffle around if he wants.

His wattles color looks better, and his rattle is gone, but he's keeping his eyes closed. He's awake, but hes keeping his eyes shut for some reason. I'm gonna get some better eye drops and start hand feeding him till he feels better. He was at least a littke active today. He kept shuffling around and tipping the lid off of his little carrier bed. Since he at least seems stable, I'm gonna put him in a small box where he can rest and shuffle around if he wants.
That's great! Hopefully he's up and running around in no time! :hugs

I'm giving him poultry cell. I think it's got both. I talked to an online vet about what's going on. They think he's got mareks disease.

Back
Top Bottom