Rooster can't walk

I would give it a few days to see if he recovers. These things are always up to the individual, especially when they are favorites on how long to intervene, and how much time one has to take care of them. Slings are commonly used in Mareks and other problems that cause lameness, to keep them clean and to have access to water and food. Tempting him to eat and drink by adding water to the feed, and feeding egg or tuna, can help. It looks less like botulism if he can move his wings.

It's humane, not human.

Look, decide:

Commodity?

Then kill it. Don't pretend you care.

Creature that you love, that loves its life?

TRY EVERYTHING.

It's hubris to think we know better.

Humane is giving the critter a voice in deciding its fate.

HELP: then decide with him, not for him.

Or? Decide for you. If that's the case? Don't struggle over it as if you're being kind or a good person.

Sometimes? Our needs supersede those of an animal. If that's the case, though? Please don't mix up the two: for your own self-awareness, as well for everyone else's investment, once you've posted.

Last edited:
Yes. Worth correcting. A key point, indeed.

Having said that?

I'm in tears over my own decision regarding a chicken baby I love. My very first.

I'm losing sleep and literally losing it over what the right thing to do is.

I am, human me to human you? Sorry: I sounded harsh.

I do not mean to be exclusionary, arrogant, or unkind.

I apologize.

I am at my worst.

All for the love of a chicken baby; and feeling unequal to the task.

But yes, in point? The difference, semantically or in terms of syntax? Matters, in terms of legitimacy.

Still? I'm sorry.

It is not my intent to hurt another human.

Knowing what pain feels like? I'd hate be the catalyst of it, to another.

Again, my sincere apologies.

It is hard to lose our pets! I have lost many dear to my heart. I am not down playing this at all. Its just when is it time to let go. ? I have had to... Hard thing to do. ..
No need to apologize! I won't break...

Cheers!

Last edited:
I totally understand...I went riding today on my Arabian gelding....he is my BEST friend! I have lost many dear pets...I get sad thinking about them... I never let them suffer even when the decision is hard to make...
I am on your side...I know it's sad...

Cheers

Today the seizures have stopped. He has some control over his tail and wings. He has complete control over his neck. He his eating and drinking but still has smelly brown diarrhea.
I'm not sure that it's mereks because the paralysis was sudden and not progressive.
If he doesn't make it, I'm considering doing a necropsy myself. Does anyone know of any resource for that?

Back
Top Bottom