Rooster chases hens every morning!

Why do people have roosters? Seems a bit too much.
Once you get past the adolescent age and he's becomes a good roo, you'll be biting your tongue.
I have 2 roosters in 2 flocks and will never be without a rooster.
Fertile eggs/breeding,oversees flock keeping the together, manages the flock dynamics, warning calls/protection,stops bickering and bullying, waits for all his hens to get in coop at dusk. It's endless the value that a good rooster adds to a flock...

I love my boys.

What breed is the cockerel? The older females are how old?
Poppy is an Americana EE brown red. That is my best guess he is 6 months old. My hens are 8 months old ! math is hard.lol
Barred rocks nd Rhode island reds.

Attachments

• 20231222_125840.jpg
    20231222_125840.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 1
Once you get past the adolescent age and he's becomes a good roo, you'll be biting your tongue.
I have 2 roosters in 2 flocks and will never be without a rooster.
Fertile eggs/breeding,oversees flock keeping the together, manages the flock dynamics, warning calls/protection,stops bickering and bullying, waits for all his hens to get in coop at dusk. It's endless the value that a good rooster adds to a flock...

I love my boys.
Where do I find a good rooster?
My last rooster was good but attacked humans or me. This one likes to make one of bigger comb hens bleed. I watched him peck at her repeatedly. I get the mating thing. I get the feather loss. But the tearing of combs is a bit over the top don't you think? I will give him another chance.

Back
Top Bottom