Rooster chasing hubby Round 2

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tgblldog70, Jun 30, 2012.

1. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chirping

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well today I finally saw it happen and hubby took some of your advice and lets just say hubby now has 4 band aids and an ice pack on his ankle. He will give it another shot tomorrow but this time he will be taking the tennis racket with him. If it happens again I will be putting him up on craigslist or he will be dinner (the rooster that is) not hubby, lol.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    We'd like to see a video. [​IMG]

3. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Songster

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    This is so embarrassing. But when my first rooster started to go after people, my husband said he gave him a size 12 boot and sent him flying. He never went after him again. I had been flogged twice, so was going to do the same. I was on the phone one day, and I pace when on the phone. I went outside and was dead-heading the geraniums in my flip flops. (stupid, I know. I've smartened up a LOT since last year.). So the rooster walks by, and gives me the look. I thought, "oh crap!". Remembered the flip flops, so I immediately looked around for something to defend myself with. The only thing around was my son's nerf sword. :rolleyes: he came after me a few times, and I Whacked him with the nerd sword. He looked at me like, "is that all you got?!". I backed up until I was able to grab a rake. Then he left me alone. But since he came so close to beating me that time, he went out of his way to attack me, and we had to get rid of him.

To this day I wish SOMEONE had videotaped the whole thing, I probably could have won some money on AFV. :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: