Rooster comb bleeding a bit

Cdariverfarm

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
We thought our rooster got frost bite a few weeks ago when we had a dream October snow storm and 11° lows. It’s back to normal temps but raining. Went out to check on them and our roosters comb is all bloody. None of the purple/black scars are left either. Are the hens pecking the frost bite? Or was it not frost bite and something worse? We used some blu kote and isolated him in a smaller coop outside the big coop so he can see his ladies still. Another question. It’s a low of 28 tonight is he okay by himself? He has a wind block but it’s mostly just hardware cloth keeping it enclosed. It’s supposed to be a summer coop. Any advice on anything in this scenario I’ll take. We like this Rooster he is a nice one. It got dark too quick to take pictures

We thought our rooster got frost bite a few weeks ago when we had a dream October snow storm and 11° lows. It’s back to normal temps but raining. Went out to check on them and our roosters comb is all bloody. None of the purple/black scars are left either. Are the hens pecking the frost bite? Or was it not frost bite and something worse? We used some blu kote and isolated him in a smaller coop outside the big coop so he can see his ladies still. Another question. It’s a low of 28 tonight is he okay by himself? He has a wind block but it’s mostly just hardware cloth keeping it enclosed. It’s supposed to be a summer coop. Any advice on anything in this scenario I’ll take. We like this Rooster he is a nice one. It got dark too quick to take pictures
Can you upload pics? I wouldn't let him stay outside if it gets that cold.

I wish I had pictures. His comb looks like
A comb just all bloody. He’s a Maran so it’s a big comb. He’s a sweet rooster so he definitely would let the girls pick on him. They all look like crap too. It’s like they all are molting and he’s bleeding and it’s all nasty and rainy out to top it off. Not sure if it’s a bunch of blood or wet and blood. They have a roof but it’s partially uncovered too and they insist on playing in the mud

I wish I had pictures. His comb looks like
A comb just all bloody. He’s a Maran so it’s a big comb. He’s a sweet rooster so he definitely would let the girls pick on him. They all look like crap too. It’s like they all are molting and he’s bleeding and it’s all nasty and rainy out to top it off. Not sure if it’s a bunch of blood or wet and blood. They have a roof but it’s partially uncovered too and they insist on playing in the mud
I’ll go see if I can get the heat lamp on for him

Back
Top Bottom