rooster complaint?

whiterock

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
Redlands
I just got a visit from "county Animal Control" about my rooster crowing! and threatened to give me a citation! he is fairly quiet rooster and does not crow much only rare ocassions ( not as much as some i have had in the past!
any ideas on how to quiet him?
(dinner is NOT and option!)

Quote:
What they said.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Exactly. are your chickens legal? if not well...

are you permitted to have the roo, you need to know what ok and not ok where you live. If you're ok to have them, a neighbor can still call in a noise complaint, but if it's kosher to have livestock/poultry (find out exactly what the oridence says/does not say). come let us know and we can sort it out.

A guy here had someone complain he bought more Roosters - When they got into the actually neighbor against neighbor and my husband was answring the calls on a daily basis The chicken owner finally decided it was time to get rid of the chickens since they upset his neighbor so bad - He went into pig farming and well no can sit outside all summer cuz of the smell but at least there are no roosters crowing ---
celebrate.gif

Quote:
The OP said "dinner is not an option"... LOL
I have roosters and no one has complained so far...
One neighbor told my kids "your momma's roosters sure are loud" and "they wake me up in the morning sometimes" but has never commented to me directly.
If she ever gets enough gall up to say something, I might just have to call animal control on her loose dog
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom